- Approximately 1″ in size
- Purple/rose base coloring with tan, brown, white and other earth toned highlights.
- Good as a ground cover.
- Used in water features, or as an accent.
- For best coverage spread 3″ deep over top a weed barrier.
- Works well in both wet and dry landscape applications.
- Pairs well with smaller cobble or boulders for natural landscapes.
- Vegetation control on gradual slopes.
- Park strips.
Approximate Weight per cubic yard: 2600 lbs (1.3 tons)
- Posted Price is for Customer to pick up the material. Delivery Charges are extra. Please call for delivery pricing. (2 ton minimum order for delivery)
- *Please Note* None of the rocks we sell are washed and may arrive dusty, or contain some fines.
Description of product– Desert Rose is a multi-colored crushed Utah rock. It has a purple/rose base coloring with tan, brown, white and other earth toned highlights.
Common uses– Pathways, decorative rock ground cover, and water features.
Common installation practices– This is a 1” decorative rock. It needs to be placed at 3” depth MINIMUM. For best results install a heavy weed fabric prior to rock installation to reduce weed growth. Use a skid steer loader where possible to reduce the amount of hand work.
Please Note– We Recommend that Customers should come down and look at product in person before ordering. None of the products are “washed” but they are screened to size, and they could be dusty or contain some fines. Also this is natural rock and with that colors can fluctuate slightly as digging moves across the different veins in the mountain. Therefore even the same rock over time may have slightly different colors.
Desert Rose 1" Calculator
These calculators are designed to give approximate amounts only. They will help you determine the quantity you need; however, variations in subgrade, compaction of subgrade, or inaccurate measurements, even a quarter of an inch of depth, can make a difference.
This product must be placed at 2” depth MINIMUM.
Warning: you have entered a thickness that is less than the minimum recommended depth of 2 inches.