- Decorative stone.
- 1 1/2″ crushed sandstone. Multi colored in pinks, beige, tan and purple.
- Good as a ground cover.
- Used in water features, or as an accent.
- For best coverage spread 3″ to 4″ deep over top a weed barrier.
- Works well in both wet and dry landscape applications.
- Pairs well with larger cobble or boulders for natural landscapes.
- Vegetation control on gradual slopes.
- Park Strips.
$60/TON – $30 min charge per load picked up
Approximate Weight per cubic yard: 2400 lbs (1.2 tons)
- Posted Price is for Customer to pick up the material. Delivery Charges are extra. Please call for delivery pricing. (2 ton minimum order for delivery)
Southtown Crushed 1 1/2″ Calculator
These calculators are designed to give approximate amounts only. They will help you determine the quantity you
need; however, variations in subgrade, compaction of subgrade, or inaccurate measurements, even a quarter of an
inch of depth, can make a difference.
This product must be placed at 3″ depth MINIMUM.
Pairs well with these products– Southtown Tan 2” Cobble, Southtown Tan 4” minus Cobble, Mountain Rose, Mystic Ridge 1 ½”, Rainbow Beach Cobble, Assorted and chocolate cobble.
Common uses– Decorative ground cover, general landscaping, driveways
Common installation practices– This is a 1 ½” crushed decorative rock. It needs to be placed at 2 ½” to 3” depth MINIMUM. For best results install a heavy weed fabric prior to rock installation to reduce weed growth. Use a skid steer loader where possible to reduce the amount of hand work.
Please Note– We Recommend that Customers should come down and look at the product in person before ordering. None of the products are “washed” but they are screened to size, and they could be dusty or contain some fines. Also, this is a natural rock and with that colors can fluctuate slightly as digging moves across the different veins in the mountain. Therefore even the same rock over time may have slightly different colors.