- Pickup at West Jordan Landscape Center
- Black $45.00 Each + Tax
- Granite $28.00 Each + Tax
- Tan $27.00 Each + Tax
Available in 50lb bags
- Can be used for paver joints up to 2″ thick
- Concrete Paver Joints
- Driveway Joints
- Walkway Joints
- Patio Joints
How to use
- 1A. Install pavers using manufacturer’s guidelines for bedding, leveling and installation. Fully clean off debris from the project area.
- 1B. Installations should have a proper drainage layer of sand with a depth of 1″ (2.54 cm). In addition, weep holes need to be added to concrete overlays.
- 1C. If existing project, properly clean out joints before applying polymeric sand and skip to step 3.
- 2A. Compact pavers thoroughly using a rubber-plated compactor.
- 2B. If compactor is not rubber-plated, cover pavers with a woven fabric while compacting to help protect paver surface from damage.
- 2C. Pavers must be completely dry before installing polymeric sand. Wait 24 hours after rain.
- 3A. Gently tumble bag, then cut the bottom and apply Pavermate Polymeric Sand evenly over the surface.
- 3B. Spread sand into joints, completely filling to the full depth of the pavers.
- 3C. Avoid pushing sand over long distances.
- 3D. Remove excess sand from surface of pavers before compacting.
- A. Compact filled joints using a rubber-plated compactor.
- 4B. Repeat compacting and filling (steps 3A – 4A) if necessary.
- 5A. Remove excess sand from paver surface using a soft bristle broom and set the joint height with a leaf blower on idle.
- 5B. Once complete, joint height should be filled to 1/8″ (.32 cm) below the top of the paver.
- 6A. Working in sections up to 200 sq. ft. (18.58 sq. m.), water the section for a total of 2 minutes.
- 6B. Do not allow the section to dry during the 2 minute watering:
- 6C. MIST: Use hose with a sprayer attachment set to “mist” or similar light setting. Mist area until the surface is wet.
- 6D. SHOWER: Next, set hose to “light shower” to allow more water over the area. Repeat shower two times over the section.
- 7A. Use a screwdriver to test for proper moisture depth of at least 1″ (2.54 cm). If depth is not achieved, immediately wet the area with a shower setting.
- 7B. Once moisture depth is achieved, blow off excess water using a leaf blower.
- 8A. Rain safe 10 minutes after joint activation.
- 8B. A flexible joint is a sign that reaction has occurred but is not completely cured.
- 8C. A dry environment is important to allow joints to fully cure. For best performance, install when no rain is forecasted for 24 hours.
- 8D. Wait 28 days prior to cleaning or sealing.
- Narrow Joints Typical coverage is 55 – 75 sq. ft. (5.11 – 6.97 sq. m.) per bag.
- Wide Joints Typical coverage is 20 – 30 sq. ft. (1.86 – 2.79 sq. m.) per bag.
- Coverage will vary depending on joint depths and widths. This coverage is for reference only and is not guaranteed.
- Temperature Requirement Temperatures must remain above 32°F (0°C) throughout installation and curing.
- Wet Areas Not recommended for wet/heavily shaded areas. Do not use on pool copings.
- Curing For best results, wait 28 days after installation before cleaning and sealing.