Benefits of Landscaping with Soil, Compost, and Mulch
The earthy colors and textures of soil, compost, and mulch add a beautiful and natural look to any home. Additions such as natural bark or shredded wood mulch can be used to decorate areas around trees or other focal points such as water fountains or patios. Soils, composts, and mulches can also lay the foundation for a beautiful garden.
Improved Lawn and Garden Health
Soil, mulch, and compost are valuable ingredients for a healthy lawn or garden. They provide the nutrients plants and lawns need to grow quickly and stay healthy. Even a small amount of soil, compost, or mulch can improve the health of a lawn or garden and help it grow. In addition, any new material can conveniently be mixed in with existing material.
Affordability and Convenience
Two of the biggest appeals of soil, mulch, and compost are their affordability and convenience. They are quite inexpensive, which enables any homeowner to purchase large amounts of it to cover large areas. It is very simple and easy to install and requires no professional assistance. It is an affordable and simple way to improve the health of your lawn and garden and increase the value of your home.
Tips for Landscaping with Soil, Compost, and Mulch
- Use them to highlight key areas of your yard, such as trees, rocks, ponds, or other features.
- Add them to your lawn or garden to promote their health while providing a beautiful foundation for your plants.
- Avoid piling them against your house, as it will hold moisture against the foundation that could end up causing long-term damage.
- Additionally, don’t pile them around tree trunks or plant stems, as it will increase the chances of rot, infestation, and damage plants by producing harmful amounts of ethanol and methanol
- Before adding soil, compost, or mulch, make sure the area is clear of debris and free of weeds.
- Add around 2 inches of mulch to get the most benefit while avoiding smothering your garden.
- Check up on the spots where you added soil, compost, and mulch as needed and add more as needed.