Asphalt Material’s Southtown Cobble is a variation of our Apache sandstone cobble decorative stone, perfect for pairing with larger boulders and smaller rubble in order to create natural-looking landscaping.
- Decorative stone.
- 2″ to 4″ tan sandstone.
- Good as a ground cover.
- Used in water features, or as an accent.
- For best coverage spread 6″ to 8″ deep over top a weed barrier.
- Works well in both wet and dry landscape applications.
- Pairs well with larger cobble or boulders for natural landscapes.
- Vegetation control on gradual slopes.
- Park strips.
Pairs Well With…
- Southtown Crushed 1 ½”
- Southtown 2” Cobble
- Mountain Rose
- Mystic Ridge 1 ½”
- Red Sunset
- Assorted and chocolate cobble
$56/TON – 1 ton min charge per load
*Posted Price is for Customer to pick up the material. Delivery Charges are extra. Please call for delivery pricing.
Common Installation Practices
This is a 4”minus cobble decorative rock. It needs to be placed at 4” depth MINIMUM. For best results install a heavy weed fabric prior to rock installation to reduce weed growth. Use a skid steer loader almost exclusively where possible to reduce the amount of hand work. The size of this rock makes it difficult to shovel or rake by hand.
- Decorative rock ground cover
- Water features
- Dry creek feature
- Vegetation control